The Education Practice Group at Miller Johnson offers public and private school clients a diverse range of legal skills and experience in the wide range of matters confronting educational institutions.
Attorneys in the Education Practice Group are familiar with the challenges and demands that affect public and private schools. Our school law attorneys have focused their practice on educational institutions and are aware of changes in the applicable laws and regulations as well as proposed changes. They offer multiple years of experience in employment, litigation, financing, municipal law and dispute resolution.
The attorneys who comprise the Education Practice Group provide quality legal service in the most efficient manner possible. The years of training and experience Practice Group members have in the school law area enables them to provide prompt and reliable advice and counseling.
The Education Practice Group has experience in the following specific areas of interest to school clients:
- School code
- Bylaws and policies
- Student rights and discipline
- Labor and employment relations (including collective bargaining, contract administration, grievances, arbitration and employee discipline)
- Special education and Section 504
- School elections and financing issues
- Teacher tenure
- Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act
- Civil rights
- Privacy rights and constitutional issues
- Contracts and business matters
- Real estate and construction matters
- Environmental concerns
- EEO and ADA compliance agreements
- Employee benefits – cafeteria plans and executive compensation
- Workers compensation