We work with:
- Construction managers
- Architects, engineers and other design professionals
- Construction lenders
Services we provide include:
- Contract drafting and interpretation (including advice on AIA, AGC, and ConsensusDoc forms)
- Contract administration
- Payment issues
- Change orders
- Bonding and financing
- Bid preparation and dispute resolutions
- Construction liens
- Contract disputes, including mediation, arbitration, and litigation in federal and state courts and administrative tribunals
- Employment policies, litigation and benefits
- Incentives, including economic development incentives for owners and performance incentives for contractors
- Collective bargaining and contract administration (contract interpretation, grievances, and arbitrations)
- Unfair labor practice charge defense and prosecution
- Union avoidance, union violence and other unlawful picketing
- Prevailing wage compliance and disputes
- Environmental regulation, including MDEQ permits, compliance and litigation
Examples of our work include:
- We helped a tenant negotiate substantial buildout contracts that coordinated a long-term lease with overlapping landlord renovations.
- We helped a company owner with the planning and development of a sophisticated distribution facility, including the development of pre-bid material on contract requirements, preparing owner-oriented contract language, coordinating multiple prime contracts with contractors and the architect, establishing construction administration procedures to monitor claims and change orders and developing parallel sets of construction contracts to separate public and private aspects of construction financing.
- We have advised owners, architects, general contractors and subcontractors on identifying and modifying problem clauses in industry form contracts (AIA, AGC, ConsensusDoc, etc.).
- We have helped subcontractors in getting prompt payment from owners where the general contractor is not paying.