Legal Administrative Assistant – Kalamazoo Office
Miller Johnson, one of West Michigan’s largest full service law firms, is seeking an experienced full-time Legal Administrative Assistant for our downtown Kalamazoo office located in the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites.
- Coordinating administrative and legal practice tasks and projects for attorneys
- Calendaring meetings, deadlines, conference calls, tasks, appointments; preparing new client intake materials; opening new client matters; billing activities; client interaction by phone, email, and in person
- Preparing, editing, proofreading, and assembling legal documents and correspondence (requiring use of digital dictation/transcription)
- Preparing and filing court documents including electronic filing through Electronic Case Files (ECF)
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent grammar and communication skills
- Knowledge of court processes and procedures; family law experience helpful but not required
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional client service, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Flexibility and teamwork in a fast-paced environment
Miller Johnson provides a technologically advanced environment and we are seeking individuals with initiative and a passion for continually enhancing their skills. We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance. We offer competitive wages and paid time off. Our benefits package includes a generous medical, dental, and vision plan, 401(k) retirement plan, annual performance reviews, and tuition reimbursement.
Miller Johnson is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button below.
Litigation Associate Position for Current or Former Judicial Clerks
Miller Johnson is now accepting applications from all current and former judicial clerks who have completed their clerkships or who will be completing their clerkships this summer or fall. This posting is for an associate position in our business-oriented litigation practice. Excellent academic credentials and first-rate writing and communication skills are required. Anticipated start date September 2018.
Competitive salary/benefits will include a relocation package and a clerkship bonus. To apply, please click Apply Now below.