Senior Software Architect – Grand Rapids Office
Miller Johnson is seeking an experienced professional to join our Information Technology team.
The Senior Software Architect is responsible for the design, development and deployment of SharePoint systems as well as administration of the firm’s SQL server databases. The Senior Software Architect will work with the Business Analyst and stakeholders to identify business requirements and work with vendors and contractors to create integrated solutions based on these requirements. Using QA methodologies, the Senior Software Architect will promote and deploy developed solutions. The Senior Software Architect must adhere to best practices in SQL Server database design, .Net code/design methodologies, processes and contribute to the creation of system documentation.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology, Business Analyst, and key stakeholders to understand business and functional requirements
- Accountable for design documentation and code reviews
- Contribute to the development of integrated solutions; develop SharePoint components with minimal supervision; build custom enterprise search solutions utilizing SharePoint, .Net, and SQL Server technologies
- Accountable for the resolution of defects/bugs (post deployment and ongoing)
- Accountable for the implementation, testing, and maintenance of the firm’s SQL Server environment
- Accountable for the adherence to and development of configuration management initiatives including source code control, build, and the development of deployment instructions
- Ensure compliance of developed solution to underlying solution
- Ensure adherence to development and configuration standards and processes
- Ensure that design documentation and deployment instructions are produced with close collaboration with the IT Department
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by contributing suggested practices, lessons learned, and feedback from end-users
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience with MS Certifications
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge (installation, configuration, integration and customizations) and demonstrated industry experience of SharePoint products
- Knowledge, understanding and experience on wide range of SharePoint capabilities and related services
- Experience in designing SharePoint sites, site templates, web parts and SharePoint custom solutions using a wide range of SharePoint capabilities
- Good knowledge of and experience in the administration of Microsoft SQL Server
- Solid knowledge in application development life cycle, including requirements gathering, system design and testing (QA & UAT) and transition from development to production
- Good understanding of software design patterns and methodology
- Ability to lead technology proofs-of-concept projects to support design and solution approaches
- Experience in website UX (user experience/user interface) design
- Experience with workflow products such as K2 Black Pearl, K2 Black Point or Nintex Workflows
- Experience working with Document Management systems such as Autonomy iManage or OpenText
- Experience in a law firm environment
We provide a technologically advanced environment and we are seeking individuals with initiative and a passion for continually enhancing their skills. EOE.
To apply, please click Apply Now below.
Miller Johnson is now accepting applications for Judicial Clerks for our business-oriented litigation practice for Fall 2017. Excellent academic credentials are required and first-rate writing and communication skills. Anticipated start date September 2017.
Competitive salary/benefits will include a relocation package and a clerkship bonus. To apply, please click Apply Now below.