In probate to execute a will, Miller Johnson’s private client attorneys focus on solving problems effectively and carrying out our clients’ lifetime planning.
The probate process can be complex. Multiple forms can lead to confusion and hesitancy if there are complicated circumstances or sudden, unexpected changes. Notices, Petitions, Applications, and Demands are just a sample of the documentation to know of in matters. Even well-thought out planning can cause unintended consequences if a deadline or step is missed.
Our attorneys are regularly sought by those in need of representation before the Michigan probate courts. We handle a full-range of probate work for individuals, families, trusts, and non-profit entities to secure the wishes of loved ones, including:
- Administer decedents’ estates of all sizes and types
- Handle will contests, claims against estates, and probate disputes
- Represent the parent or the minor in guardianships and conservatorships
- Represent the fiduciary, the incapacitated adult or the concerned family member in guardianships and conservatorships
- Help families adopt children, change names, and solve other legal problems
- Obtain protective orders from the probate court to address specific problems involving minors or incapacitated adults