Murphy, Malviya, Brower Receive Highest Ranking in Chambers High Net Worth Guide
Lauretta K. Murphy, Raj A. Malviya, and Robert D. Brower lead the way for Miller Johnson’s Private Client practice by receiving the highest ranking in the Chambers High Net Worth 2021 Guide. The three Probate and Estate Planning attorneys were all ranked in Band 1 for Private Wealth Law.
As a whole, Miller Johnson’s private client and estate planning group received the highest ranking for the 6th consecutive year. In addition to Murphy, Malviya, and Brower, recently retired attorney Christopher L. Edgar is noted again by Chambers.
The Chambers High Net Worth 2021 Guide issued these comments from clients and peers about Miller Johnson:
- The estate planning lawyers at Miller Johnson offer expertise in the full range of private client and wealth management matters. One source describes the team as “fantastic” and “collaborative,” adding: “They have excellent attention to detail and they represent their clients well.”
- “They are phenomenal,” enthuses a source, who explains: “They are extremely proactive, technical and good at interacting with clients. They help clients understand the pros and cons of planning.” Another states: “I have never had anything except excellent customer service and client support. All their i’s are always dotted and t’s are always crossed.”
Each of the ranked lawyers received comments from sources regarding their professional ability:
- Lauretta Murphy acts for several high net worth clients and has significant experience handling complex family wealth structures. “She is a very high-quality attorney and true trusted adviser,” says a source. Another enthuses: “She is a wonderful human being. She is an absolute pleasure, very technically skilled, and is always thinking of things.”
- Raj Malviya is widely admired for his work with a range of high net worth clients in estate and succession planning matters. “He is a brilliant lawyer,” enthuses one source. Another states: “Raj provides excellent advice and dedicated service to his clients. He is thoughtful and careful in his approach and technically brilliant in execution.”
- Robert Brower is described as an “excellent person” and a “great attorney” by a source, who says: “He is very trustworthy, he likes to cut to the heart of the matter and get to the best result for his clients. He cares about preserving the family relationship.” Brower represents wealthy individuals and business owners in contested trust and estate matters.
- Christopher Edgar is “a very solid lawyer,” reports an interviewee, who adds: “He always has his client’s best interest at heart. He is wonderful with his clients, he really cares about the client and comforts them.” Edgar is highly regarded for his estate planning and trust administration practice. Another source says Edgar is “a true gentleman” and “technically very proficient.”
About Chamber High Net Worth 2021 Guide
Chambers High Net Worth 2021 Guide covers private wealth management work and related specialties in key jurisdictions around the world featuring in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually Chambers collects hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. For more information, visit https://chambers.com/department/miller-johnson-private-wealth-law-high-net-worth-21:2633:12728:1:65542
About Miller Johnson
Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, and private client representation from its offices in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Detroit. Since 1959, Miller Johnson has been Michigan-based and has served clients worldwide.
# # #