Briefing on COVID-19 (Week 46)
Start your day with a conversation covering issues business leaders and employers want to hear about. We’ll provide practical advice to the day’s developments and a legal perspective to the ongoing challenges coronavirus presents. Click on a topic below for the registration link.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- 8am – COVID-19 Vaccine Part 3: Vaccine Distribution Update and the Vaccination of Essential Workers
In this webinar, Tim Gutwald and Amy Murphy will provide an update on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. They’ll also address the latest guidance from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on the categories of workers who fall into the various vaccination phases, including essential workers in critical infrastructure sectors.
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- 8am – COVID-19 Vaccine Part 4: To Mandate or Not? Vaccine Policy Decisions and Liability Analysis for Employers and Businesses
In this webinar Amy Murphy and Rebecca Strauss will discuss:
– Legal considerations of mandating the vaccine for employees
– Lawful incentives to encourage vaccination among your employees
– Analysis of exposure to future claims and immunity from tort liability
– HIPAA, record-keeping and confidentiality concerns for vaccine records and COVID-19 tests
Thursday, January 28, 2021
- 8am – COVID-19 Vaccine Part 5: HR and Risk Management for Healthcare Providers
In this webinar, Tim Gutwald will focus on healthcare human resources and risk management vaccine issues. He’ll discuss:
– Healthcare staffing issues for those administering the vaccine
– Consent agreements for volunteers
– Record keeping and HIPAA requirements
- Webinar Details
January 25, 2021 - January 29, 2021
8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Zoom Webinar
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Information:
Miller Johnson has a Coronavirus / COVID-19 page for links for links to client alerts, webinar briefings, relevant information, news and additional resources. View page.
Can’t attend live?
Here’s access to the COVID-19 Webinar PPTs and recordings of past presentations. View page.