Maitry Patel is an attorney in our Intellectual Property Practice Group with her focus and expertise in patents and commercial/technology transactions.
Practice related activities
Prior to coming to Miller Johnson, Maitry was Associate Corporate Counsel at Amazon focusing on executing agreements ranging from supply chain agreements to intellectual property licensing agreements. Prior to that she was an Intellectual Property Associate at Duane Morris LLP prosecuting patents in software technologies. She has experience preparing and prosecuting patents, conducting pre-suit investigation and due diligence for patent infringement claims, performing IP portfolio management, and conducting freedom to operate analyses for products.
Professional Affiliations, Activities and Honors
Maitry is a member of the ChIPs, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, and International Association of Young Lawyer. Maitry is also a Board Member of Young Chicago Authors.
Articles and Presentations
- Who Will Secure Cloud Networks? Ensuing Fight Between Two Industry Giants, CLOUD IPQ: ENHANCING YOUR CLOUD IP IQ (hereinafter “CLOUD IPQ”) (November 14, 2018)
- Centripetal Takes on Networking Giant Cisco in Patent Fight, CLOUD IPQ (March 29, 2018)
- Financial Services Giant Fidelity Targeted on Open Source Software Usage, CLOUD IPQ (December 14, 2017)
- Cloud Computing: A New Target for Uniloc, CLOUD IPQ (October 4, 2017)
- Panelist for “Artificial Intelligence and its impact on DEI” panel for Duane Morris LLP’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion annual meeting (May 20, 2023).
Education, Bar and Court Admissions, Clerkships
Maitry earned her Juris Doctor in Intellectual Property Law from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology in 2017. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical/Space Engineering from Purdue University in 2013.
Maitry was a Patent Extern at the United State Patent and Trademark office and she was a Law Clerk at the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington D.C.
Maitry has been a member of the Washington State Bar since 2017, the USPTO since 2018, and the Illinois State Bar since 2020.