Dustin Jackson is a member of the firm’s business section and has been practicing law since 2009. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, and general corporate counseling.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Mr. Jackson has represented a diverse range of clients in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience on both the buy-side and sell-side of strategic and financial transactions involving a variety of transaction structures, including asset deals, stock deals, carve-out transactions, and transactions with consideration in the form of rollover equity and earn-outs.
Representative examples of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures handled by Mr. Jackson include the following:
- Represented Altus Capital Partners in its sale of Prism Plastics, Inc., a Michigan-based manufacturer of high precision plastics, to Marmon Engineered Components Company, a Berkshire Hathaway portfolio company.
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of publicly held company in its $55 million acquisition of (1) the manufacturing assets and intellectual property of a privately held manufacturer of PET plastic bottles and (2) a minority interest in the woman-owned business affiliate of the manufacturer.
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of leading packaging and bottling manufacturer in its acquisition of a majority interest in a domestic process engineering and automated solutions provider for the beverage industry.
- Represented majority shareholder in the sale of all of the shares of capital stock in an online digital marketing and software services company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a large-scale fabricator of pipes and fittings for the waterworks industry.
Corporate and Commercial Counseling
Mr. Jackson provides counsel to numerous privately held companies on a wide variety of legal matters. His clients are engaged in a number of industries including manufacturing, distribution, automotive, health care, transportation, and technology. Mr. Jackson assists clients in a variety of complex transactions, including joint ventures and strategic alliances. His work also includes handling transactions for companies in highly regulated industries, such as the food and medical device industries.
Professional Affiliations and Honors
Mr. Jackson is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan. He is also a member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Mr. Jackson was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers as one of the Rising Stars in Business/Corporate from 2013 through 2015.
In 2018, Mr. Jackson was accepted into the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellows Program. The program accepts mid-career attorneys with strong leadership and relationship skills who are committed to fostering diversity within the country’s leading law firms and largest companies, and the legal profession at large.
Mr. Jackson began his legal career at Miller Johnson in 2009. He practiced for two years in the Detroit office of Foley & Lardner LLP before returning to Miller Johnson in March 2017.
Mr. Jackson was on the Board of Trustees of the Forest Hills Public Schools and previously served on the Board of Directors of Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women.
Mr. Jackson obtained his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School in 2009 and his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from Western Michigan University in 2004. While in law school, he was the technology editor of the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review.