Health Care Reform Webinar: Update for Employers on the New ACA Section 6055 and 6056 Reporting Requirements
Miller Johnson attorneys Mary Bauman and Tripp VanderWal conducted a webinar covering the new employer reporting requirements under Sections 6055 and 6056 of the Internal Revenue Code. The new reporting will help the IRS enforce the individual mandate penalty and pay or play penalty.
Topics to be addressed in this webinar:
- An explanation of the different forms (1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C and 1095-C) and the circumstances when they must be used
- The differences in reporting for fully-insured and self-funded health plans
- The differences in reporting for employers based on size
- A summary of the information which must be gathered and reported
- The deadlines for distribution to individuals and the IRS.
This webinar was approved for 1.5 HRCI continuing education general credit hours. An email has been sent with the credit approval information to those who attended the webinar.
To view the webinar via YouTube, click here.
A PDF of the webinar slides is available for download at the top of the page.