Miller Johnson is seeking an experienced full-time Recruiting & Onboarding Specialist. The Recruiting & Onboarding Specialist is responsible for supporting and facilitating the new hire process for attorneys and staff from candidate identification and assessment, through job offer, acceptance, and onboarding.
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and firm policies and procedures in the pre-screening and post-employment process.
- Respond to and resolve all phone, mail and in-person inquiries from candidates, staff and attorneys regarding any problem and concerns relating to the new hire process.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute internal recruitment reports of hires, separations, promotions, transfers, and other data as requested.
- Facilitate the recruiting process, including utilizing proactive recruiting techniques to source qualified external candidates using Indeed, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as other social media, advertising media, job fairs, staff and attorney referrals, recruiters and staffing agencies.
- Coordinate the internal job posting and referral processes, ensuring existing employees are given opportunities to apply and assuring program integrity.
- Utilize applicant tracking system to manage recruitment and selection processes including reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, obtaining interviewer feedback, responding to candidates (confirmations, rejections, notes, etc.).
- Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against the established job specifications and minimum requirements.
- Coordinate interview schedules for attorney positions and participate with managers in the interview process for non-attorney positions.
- Coordinate completion of employment applications and background investigations.
- Prepare offer letters and provide information to candidates during the interview and selection process including review of firm benefits, job duties, responsibilities, pay, hours, work conditions, Firm policies, and other related information.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and training schedules.
- Conduct new hire onboarding process that includes providing information to all new hire attorneys and staff, preparing them to confidently start their new position with the firm.
- Ensure verification of receipt of Certificates of Good Standing and official final transcripts for attorney positions.
- Maintain and regularly audit pre-hire and new hire paperwork to ensure all required documents are received and scanned into the new hire’s electronic file.
- Respond to recruiting and onboarding inquiries within established timelines, and ensure that all required employment paperwork and onboarding tasks are completed accurately and documented accordingly.
Summer Associate Program
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual summer associate program including coordination of orientation and related materials, coordinating social and learning and development opportunities, following up with attorneys to complete summer associate reviews, etc.
- Assist with all aspects of the summer associate interview process including registration for on-campus interviews, preparation of interviewer and marketing materials, scheduling callback interviews, managing attorney interview evaluations, maintaining candidate files and status in recruiting database, generating reports, preparing offer and rejection correspondence to candidates, coordinating post-offer candidate follow-up, and assisting with all local on-campus interview and recruitment events, hospitality suites, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- Previous human resources and/or recruiting and onboarding experience required
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services firm setting helpful
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with applicant tracking and HRIS for onboarding
- Exceptional client service skills, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Able to think creatively to identify and implement proactive solutions
- Able to be flexible and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, service environment
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment. In addition to a SIGNING BONUS, we offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.