Miller Johnson is seeking an experienced full-time Practice Group Marketing Coordinator in our downtown Grand Rapids office. The Practice Group Marketing Coordinator serves as a key member of the marketing and business development department in coordinating practice group activities to market to external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or public relations preferred
- Public relations, communications experience required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe, Photoshop, and CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems
- Exceptional client service skills, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Able to think creatively to identify and implement proactive solutions
- Able to be flexible and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, service environment
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented
- Create, write and/or facilitate all updates to marketing and business development materials, including responses to Request for Proposals, collateral brochures, social media, practice area descriptions, media releases, attorney biographies and customized marketing pieces
- Explore effective and efficient ways to develop such materials
- Develop and coordinate the preparation of firm proposals, working with the director of marketing and business development and key attorneys
- Provide requested input and assist team in the coordination of materials
- Maintain proposal files; keep an up-to-date database of proposals and what practice areas each proposal covers
- Outline, write and interact with attorneys to develop presentations for marketing events, as requested. Includes firm-sponsored events as well as other community events at which the attorneys speak or present
- Manage all aspects of client events, including venue/facility selection, food and beverage selection, invitations, handout materials, confirmation letters, name tags, site management, speakers’ presentations, payment process, budget preparation and follow up.
- Develop schedules and maintain communication with speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines.
- Maintain portion of the Contact Relationship Management (CRM) System that tracks client attendance at client entertainment events as well as workshops and seminars.
- Oversee on-site event management and venue arrangements for room set-up and technical assistance.
- Produce follow up materials, such as attendance reports, follow-up letters, evaluation summary reports, budget summaries, etc.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings to measure value of individual events; discuss ways of maximizing the investment made in hosting each event.
- Maintain list of practice group(s) and attorney memberships in professional and community organizations
- Coordinate active membership activity key to the firm’s retention of client work and outreach to potential new clients
- Serve as the point person for requests for practice group(s) advertising
- Support the director of marketing and business development with advertising planning/implementation
- Work with designer (internal or external) to complete advertisement creatives
- Provide idea generation for ad campaigns and one-off submissions
- Coordinate payment for ad space and track all ad commitments
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment.
In addition to a SIGNING BONUS, we offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews and pay increases. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.