Miller Johnson is seeking an experienced full-time Litigation Paralegal for our downtown Grand Rapids office.
- Providing case management including fact investigation of accidents; investigating details of medical billing and insurance responses; ensuring deadlines are met; communicating with clients; managing documents and data and summarizing medical records and medical bill and payment status; preparing reports utilizing specialized software and systems (i.e. Epic, SharePoint, HRPG Database etc.).
- Preparing complaints and motions; preparing discovery requests and discovery responses including interrogatories and requests for production of documents; obtaining, reviewing, organizing and analyzing documents and medical records; preparing subpoenas and deposition notices; witness interviews.
- Preparing motions, briefs and trial documents; assisting with court hearings and alternative dispute resolution thorough review of records and preparation of summaries and exhibits; contacting witnesses and preparing subpoenas for trial; organize documents, pleadings and trial binders.
- Contacting and communicating directly with clients, witnesses, insurance adjusters, and patients.
- Attending and participating in practice group and client meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or Associate’s degree in Legal Studies or Paralegal studies, or certification from an accredited paralegal program
- Minimum 3 years of litigation experience
- Healthcare and/or no-fault auto experience helpful
- Knowledge of court and agency processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and Michigan Court Rules (MCR) and familiarity with various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases including PACER, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel) and PDF creation
- Experience with Epic software helpful
- Concise and effective written and verbal communication
- Exceptional client service skills, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Proactive and detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively to identify and implement proactive solutions
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment.
In addition to a SIGNING BONUS, we offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.