Miller Johnson, one of West Michigan’s largest full service law firms, is seeking an experienced full-time Intellectual Property Legal Assistant / Docketing Specialist in our downtown Grand Rapids office.
- Reviewing, processing, and maintaining docketing system for U.S. and international patent and trademark filing and payment deadlines
- Coordinating with clients and third-party docketing software provider via phone, email, and in-person for payment of patent and trademark annuities and maintenance fees
- Coordinating administrative and legal practice tasks and projects for intellectual property attorneys
- Preparing new client intake materials; opening new client matters; billing activities
- Preparing, editing, proofreading, and assembling legal documents and correspondence
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years intellectual property docketing and administrative experience
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in docketing software solutions (e.g., PATTSY Wave / Anaqua, CPi, CPA, or similar)
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and communication skills
- Knowledge of U.S. patent rules and procedures
- Exceptional discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Proactive and detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to be flexible and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment. In addition to a SIGNING BONUS, we offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews and pay increases. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.