Miller Johnson is seeking a Docket Manager. The Docket Manager is responsible for creation, oversight, compliance and maintenance of firm-wide docket policies, procedures, and workflows in accordance with rule-based deadlines.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a related legal field or business administration preferred
- 5+ years Michigan paralegal experience preferred
- 3+ years docket clerk/manager experience desired
- 3+ years database systems experience preferred
- Advanced litigation docketing and calendaring knowledge and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and Michigan Court Rules (MCR) and familiarity with various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases including PACER, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Exceptional client service skills, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
- Collaborative, organized, flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with the firm’s Information Technology Department and software vendor to analyze configuration and utilization of docketing tools and recommend enhancements as needed.
- Work closely with Practice Group leaders, General Counsel, Chief Operating Officer on a wide variety of docket matters.
- Timely and accurately generate docket reports and queries as requested by attorneys and other staff.
- Consult with and serve as a resource to firm attorneys and staff as it relates to docketing.
- Review, select, sponsor and train attorneys and staff on industry technology and process trends related to docket.
- Responsible for planning, establishing, reviewing, and updating docket-related policies and procedures firm-wide to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local docketing and e-filing laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance and research on procedural and administrative questions, rule changes and judges information.
- Identify gaps in current docket practices, and develop and implement strategies and process improvement for docketing and e-filing software and related procedures.
- Oversee and ensure all incoming court deadlines are entered into docket software, confirming deadlines are accurately calculated.
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment.
In addition to a SIGNING BONUS, we offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews and pay increases. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.