Miller Johnson is seeking a full-time paralegal to join our Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice group in our downtown Grand Rapids office. This position will support Miller Johnson attorneys who represent clients in mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial transactions, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Provide support for M&A and business transactions, including establishing and maintaining data (both physical and electronic), drafting documents and checklists, preparing and organizing closing documents, and coordinating closing and post-closing activities
- Assist with business entity formation, corporate governance, maintenance and dissolution of profit and nonprofit business entities, foreign qualification of companies, etc.
- Prepare and file annual reports, EINs, and UCC financing statements, securities filings, etc.
- Conduct online research as requested
- Manage due diligence and conduct due diligence reviews as appropriate
- Manage data rooms and client corporate records
- Facilitate open lines of communication and maintain close working relationships with internal team members, client team, opposing counsel and other outside parties throughout transaction process
- Assist with organization and maintenance of Corporate/M&A group materials and databases
- Attend to or assist with other Corporate/M&A group-related task as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or certification from an accredited paralegal program
- Experience with M&A and commercial transactions is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and PDF creation
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional client service skills, discretion and judgement to ensure client confidentiality
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Concise and effective written and verbal communication; skilled writer
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to think creatively to identify and implement proactive solutions
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience that includes a healthy work-life balance, an inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and annual performance reviews. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12 weeks paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE.