Miller Johnson Received Highest Ranking for Private Wealth Law in Chambers High Net Work Guide
The Chambers High Net Worth (HNW) Guide ranked Miller Johnson’s estate planning group with the highest ranking (Band 1 of 5) for the 5th consecutive year. In addition, Robert Brower, Lauretta Murphy, Raj Malviya, and Christopher Edgar were ranked again as leading practitioners.
Laurie Murphy chairs Miller Johnson’s estate planning practice group and commented, “These honors again are humbling to us and reinforce the confidence clients put in us as trusted and respected advisors. Our team is proud of the work we do with private clients ― their family owned businesses and closely held companies, and family offices ― in providing sophisticated estate planning and counsel on all aspects of personal and financial planning. Our goals are their goals: protect their assets, preserve their legacies, and enable their philanthropic efforts.”
The Chambers 2020 HNW Guide published these comments:
- Miller Johnson provides comprehensive private wealth advice to high net worth clients.
- “The complexity they can offer is very impressive.”
- “The level of communication, attention to detail, expertise and client advocacy is exceptional. The long-standing respect and understanding of the client’s needs is evident in each and every communication.”
In addition, these Miller Johnson lawyers are featured:
- Robert Brower (Band 1) has distinguished his practice with high net worth clients on estate planning and business succession planning. He also acts in contested estates. A source enthuses:“He is a recognized leader – he is tough but fair.” Another interviewee says: “He’s a very fine lawyer. He does a wonderful job of balancing and integrating the corporate planning side with the individual estate planning.” A fellow attorney adds: “He’s a fantastic litigator – he is very, very skilled as a probate litigator.”
- Lauretta Murphy (Band 2) advises clients on a range of family office support and intergenerational business succession and has extemsive expertise in elder law and special needs matters. A source notes: “She is terrific; she is very collaborative and is extremely knowledgeable. She is just tremendous.” Another commentator adds:“She is a fantastic attorney – she is very good at detail and technical aspects.”
- Raj Malviya (Band 2) advises wealthy clients on estate and tax planning. He has particular experience in international and cross-border matters. A source says: “He has a very extensive knowledge of the tax laws and always comes up with very creative ideas. He is an excellent attorney.”Another interviewee notes: “He is extremely thorough and extremely knowledgeable.”
- Christopher Edgar (Band 3) advises on estate planning, probate and trust administration. He also handles business succession matters. Clients include high net worth individuals and families and business owners. Sources say that “he is a technician – a details guy.”
Chambers 2020 HNW Guide covers private wealth management work and related specialties in key jurisdictions around the world featuring in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. The key to their legal directories and the validity of their awards is the in-depth, unbiased research conducted by their 150 highly qualified, experienced researchers. For more information, visit chambersandpartners.com.
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, and estate planning.
# # #