Miller Johnson Again Receives Highest Ranking for Private Wealth Law in Chambers High Net Worth Guide
The Chambers High Net Worth (HNW) Guide, for the fourth consecutive year, ranked Miller Johnson’s estate planning group with the highest ranking (Band 1 of 5). In addition, key individual attorneys were also recognized again: Robert Brower, Christopher Edgar, Lauretta Murphy and Raj Malviya.
Laurie Murphy chairs the estate planning practice group and commented, “We are honored to be recognized by our clients who were interviewed by Chambers and appreciate our reputation as trusted and respected advisors. In our work with private clients ― their family owned businesses and closely held companies, and family offices ― we guide them in preserving their assets, protecting their legacies and promoting their philanthropic values.”
The Chambers 2019 HNW Guide published these comments:
- “They are superb. They are at the top of our list when we need legal counsel. They are very thorough, timely and very good at communicating with us at every stage of the process.”
- “They are well respected and do a lot of high-end planning. They have sophistication and gravitas and can handle the requirements of high net worth clients.”
In addition, these Miller Johnson lawyers are featured:
- Robert Brower counsels wealthy individuals, families and privately held businesses on succession and estate planning, as well as contested matters. “He is very good in the courtroom, and I have a lot of respect for him and his ability. He is very much the gentleman – a tough advocate, but a gentleman.”
- Christopher Edgar represents clients in business and estate planning matters, as well as trust administration. “Working with Christopher Edgar has been an absolute delight – he excels in representing his clients’ passion, vision and interests.”
- Lauretta Murphy advises wealthy clients on estate planning matters, including the transfer of business and personal assets. She is experienced in assisting clients with disability and in special needs planning. One source enthuses: “I am super impressed with her. She is very, very smart, thoughtful and proactive with her clients. She thinks creatively and she is very good at working in the family office world and thinking broadly about issues across the spectrum.”
- Raj Malviya advises wealthy clients on a range of issues, including the transfer of wealth and the administration of trusts and estates. He can also assist with international planning. Multiple sources highlight Malviya’s election to ACTEC (American College of Trust and Estate Counsel); one states: “He’s recently been made a member of ACTEC and is making the most of every opportunity. He is eager to learn and is evidently learning a lot – he is a workhorse.”
Chambers 2019 HNW Guide covers private wealth management work and related specialties in key jurisdictions around the world featuring in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. The key to their legal directories and the validity of their awards is the in-depth, unbiased research conducted by their 150 highly qualified, experienced researchers. For more information, visit chambersandpartners.com.
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, and estate planning. For more information about the firm, follow us on LinkedIn.
# # #