Fifty Miller Johnson Attorneys Are Best Lawyers and Ten Honored as “Lawyer of the Year”
Fifty lawyers from Miller Johnson were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016.
Four members are being honored for the first time. They are:
- Maxwell N. Barnes – Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Richard E. Hillary II – Commercial Litigation
- Raj A. Malviya – Trusts and Estates
- Eric R. Starck – Real Estate Law
In addition, Best Lawyers named ten Miller Johnson attorneys as “Lawyers of the Year.” Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. Honored as Lawyers of the Year are:
- Jeffrey S. Ammon – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year
- David M. Buday – Best Lawyers 2016 Kalamazoo Employment Law – Management Lawyer of the Year
- Craig H. Lubben – Best Lawyers 2016 Kalamazoo Litigation – Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Lauretta K. Murphy – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Trusts and Estates Law Lawyer of the Year
- Mark S. Pendery – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Litigation and Controversy Tax Lawyer of the Year
- D. Andrew Portinga – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year
- Michael B. Quinn – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Family Law Lawyer of the Year
- Alan C. Schwartz – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year
- Robert W. Scott – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Connie R. Thacker – Best Lawyers 2016 Grand Rapids Collaborative Law: Family Law Lawyer of the Year
The complete list of attorneys and rankings can be found here.
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys vote on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, family law, and estate planning.