This event has been rescheduled from Wednesday, January 30 to Thursday, February 7. All those registered have been transferred over to the new date and are able to contact email Amy Sgro with additional questions or changes to their registration.
As anticipated, the Michigan legislature has revised and Governor Snyder has signed two laws modifying the minimum wage and paid sick leave laws enacted in September 2018. Although there is a lot of talk that the amendments “gutted” the original proposals, employers with more than 50 employees may still feel sick when thinking about how to implement these expensive mandates.
Please join us for a workshop to discuss these new legal requirements, your organization’s options to comply, and practical solutions for making sure that your policies are up to date. Examples of what we’ll cover include:
- When is the law effective?
- Who is obligated to give leave?
- Who is eligible to receive leave and which employees are excluded?
- How much paid sick time does an eligible employee accrue, and how is that calculated?
- What are the various reasons that a covered employee may use time?
- What are an employer’s notification and record keeping requirements?
- What is the “rebuttable assumption” and is this good for employers?
- How does this law work with an employer’s existing leave policies?
- What are the various options that an employer should consider when revising existing leave policies?
Please scroll down for additional details below.