Managing Your 401(k) or 403(b) Plans
Many employers maintain 401(k) plans to assist their employees in saving for retirement. But despite their popularity, the administration of 401(k) plans is not simple. There are many “traps” for the unwary and getting it wrong can have serious legal ramifications. This workshop will provide basic information about 401(k) plans and the legal requirements that apply. It will include practical information that will help in administering a 401(k) plan. Much of the information will also apply to section 403(b) plans.
The topics that will be covered:
- What is a 401(k) plan and what type of contributions can be made?
- Must all employees be allowed to participate in a 401(k) plan? Can minimum age and service requirements be imposed?
- Must the requirements be the same for all types of contributions?
- How much can be contributed to a 401(k) plan each year? What nondiscrimination rules apply?
- What happens if the nondiscrimination tests are not satisfied?
- When can participants receive their benefits? Are they ever payable before a participant terminates employment?
- Can a participant borrow from his/her account in a 401(k) plan?
- What is an IRS determination letter and do I need one?
- What filings must be made in regard to a 401(k) plan?
- What steps should I take to satisfy my fiduciary duties under federal law?
- What is required by the DOL fee disclosure regulations?
- What options are available if a mistake is made in administering a 401(k)?
Please scroll down for additional details below.
- Workshop Details
April 24, 2018
8:00 am - 11:30 am
|8:00 – 8:30 am
||Registration and Breakfast
|8:30 – 11:30 am
We're sorry, but all ticket sales have ended.
Due to seating availability, workshops are limited to the first twenty registrants.
For your convenience, we are offering fixed pricing for each workshop, and incentive pricing to attendees of three or more workshops. The cost is $250 per workshop (one or two workshops) or $200 per workshop if you attend three or more workshops).
For the multiple pricing discount code at check out, please email Amy McCaffrey.
The workshop fee includes the presentation, written materials, free parking and a continental breakfast.
Continuing Education Credits
HRCI – The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SHRM – This program is valid for 3.0 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
If you have questions about this workshop, please email Amy McCaffrey.