- J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School, 2012
- B.A. cum laude, University of Michigan, 2009
Andrew Cascini is a management-side litigator for employment and labor matters.
Mr. Cascini’s clients include many kinds of unionized and non-union private sector employers, including automotive part manufacturers, construction firms, and federal government contractors. He specializes in representing public employers ranging in size from small rural townships to some of Michigan’s most populous counties.
Mr. Cascini advances his clients’ interests by preventing employment or labor disputes before they start, by working with opposing counsel to resolve conflicts when they arise, and by fighting to win when the time is right. Some representative matters he has handled include:
- Successfully defending a public employer against a union’s multi-million dollar contractual interpretation labor arbitration claim
- Obtaining a no-cause finding from the EEOC related to a former employee’s discriminatory discharge claim against a private-sector federal contractor, and earning summary judgment in the subsequent federal court lawsuit
- Investigating highly-publicized allegations of misconduct and poor performance against an appointed government official, and advising the client based on the facts discovered during that investigation
- Second-chairing litigation of a complex, lengthy unfair labor practice case before the Michigan Employment Relations Commission
- Securing dismissal of § 1983 constitutional litigation brought against a large Michigan county before the federal district court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Negotiating a favorable settlement of unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board on behalf of a road construction contractor
Mr. Cascini graduated with honors from both the University of Michigan and Columbia Law School. While he attended Columbia, he defended the City of New York against labor disputes brought by some of the nation’s largest public sector unions as a practicing student extern in New York City Law Department’s Labor and Employment division. A second generation Michigan Man, Mr. Cascini enjoys Wolverines football and basketball, competitive weightlifting, and hiking.