Jonathon Andersh is an Associate in Miller Johnson’s business section in the real estate practice group. He has experience working on varied real estate transactions including for industrial, commercial, retail and residential developments.
Real Estate Experience
Mr. Andersh has significant experience working with developers and builders in the myriad of matters and details related to commercial, agricultural and residential real estate transactions.
Areas in which he has experience are:
- Drafting purchase agreements for the sale and acquisition of property
- Drafting and analyzing condominium documents on behalf of developers and associations
- Drafting lease agreements for a range of clients
- Preparing closing documents and coordinating escrow closings
- Analyzing local and state zoning regulations and preparing land use applications
- Reviewing title work, surveys and environmental reports in support of property acquisitions
- Conducting due diligence in and evaluating real estate assets in support of mergers and acquisitions
Mr. Andersh counsels on the risks that must be managed to “get the deal done” with favorable results for the client all while respecting the project budget and timeline.
Prior to joining Miller Johnson, Mr. Andersh practiced with another Michigan-based law firm in their Kalamazoo office, where he also performed real estate work. He spent one summer during law school as a Research Extern with the Michigan Court of Appeals Research Division. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, he worked as a pre-law intern with the Natural Resources Defense Council in Chicago.
Mr. Andersh is a member of the State Bar of Michigan – Real Property Law Section. He is also a member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association in both the Real Property Section and with the Young Lawyers group.
Mr. Andersh earned his J.D. summa cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law in 2017. While there, he was Senior Managing Editor of the Michigan State Law Review. He also completed a two-year litigation-focused certificate program through the Trial Practice Institute. Mr. Andersh is licensed to practice in Michigan.
Mr. Andersh is a 2014 graduate of DePaul University in Chicago where he received a B.A. in English Literary Studies summa cum laude.